Whole Food Diet for Horses: A Webinar Recap
Tigger Montague and BioStar US brought an informative and educational webinar to equestrians titled, The Whole Food Diet for Horses, both online and in Chicago.
You can find a full recap of the webinar at the bottom of this page.
Below are individual organizations and products referenced during the Whole Food Diet for Horses webinar:
- AAFCO: The Association of American Feed Control Officials
- Oil Extraction Process: If you use oil, it’s best to ask how your oil is extracted as many processes can have residue such as hexane (see Wikipedia).
- Natural Vitamins vs. Whole Food Vitamins: Another great resource for the origins of vitamins.
- Hexane: Residual amounts found in common oils in their extraction process, the full study done in Switzerland.
- Probiotics in Horses: As researched by the University of Toronto-Guelph
Over the course of the evening many topics were brought to light that pointed out the need for more to be asked of feed and supplement manufacturers. Biostar’s mission was to help educate with information, so that changes can be made to give our horses better overall health.
Thanks to everyone who participated and we look forward to adding more topics relating to nutrition and our horses soon. Any questions on the specific needs of your horse, please reach out to us anytime through email: email@example.com.
We frequently update our newsletters and Facebook page when these events take place, so stay tuned for more in the future. Should your barn, riding club, or group of friends like to get together for a private webinar, be sure and email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange one today.
Here’s a slide show recap of The Whole Food Diet for Horses :